12 Secret to Having a Strong Friendship, Relationship, and Intimacy in Marriage
If you desire a loving and lasting relationship with your partner, you and your partner need to adopt the following habits below:
- COMMITMENT: Commitment is very important if you desire to have a strong relationship with your partner. You have to decide to stick with your partner and make the relationship work irrespective of the flaws your partner might have. Couples who renew their commitments every day, in words and deed, are on their way to having a strong relationship.
- KEEP YOUR PRIVATE LIFE PRIVATE: When you put your relationship on social media, you invite the public to your relationship. Keep your private matters private. It’s a relationship between you and your partner and not between you, your partner, and the public. You can share your fun dates with your partner or some nice photos together on your Facebook or Instagram app but make sure you draw the line where necessary.
- KNOW WHEN TO LET THINGS SLIDE AND LEARN HOW TO MANAGE CONFLICTS: Finding ways to reduce the frequency of conflict in your relationship by letting go of the little things will help you build a strong relationship with your partner. Arguments are normal in a relationship but you should make sure you never insult your partner during an argument. Always listen to what your partner has to say during an argument.
- LEARN TO LISTEN: Speaking less and listening more is important if you want to build a strong relationship with your partner. It’s important you always pay close attention to what your partner has to say. Ask your partner how his/her day went and listen to him/her talk about their day.
- MAKE TIME TO DATE: Spending quality time with your partner is important if you desire to build a strong relationship. Nothing substitutes for time together. No matter how busy you are, always create time to go out on dates with your partner.
- BE TOTALLY TRANSPARENT: Partners in strong relationships have no secrets. If you desire to build a strong relationship with your partner, you have to be completely transparent with your partner. You don’t need privacy in your relationship if you want a strong relationship.
- TRY NEW THINGS TOGETHER: Whether it be something as simple as watching a movie neither of you has seen, or something as extreme as skydiving, trying new things together as a couple is important if you want to have a strong relationship. Trying new things together keeps the excitement and passion going in your relationship.
- COMPLIMENT YOUR PARTNER: You shouldn’t save the compliments for big events alone, make complimenting your partner a regular occurrence. You make your partner feel special and noticed when you compliment him/her and this helps build a strong relationship
- NEVER PUT EACH OTHER DOWN IN PUBLIC: How you treat your partner in front of others matters if you desire to build a strong relationship with your partner. Never ever put each other down or say anything negative about your partner in public. Only say supportive and kind things to each other in public and save disagreements for when you both are alone.
- NEVER GET TIRED OF SAYING “I LOVE YOU”: These three little words “I love you” are important if you want to build a strong relationship with your partner. No matter how long or hard your day was, always end your day by telling your partner how much you love him/her. End your day with the words “I love you”.
- LEARN HOW TO COMPROMISE: You have to understand the value of compromise if you want to build a strong relationship. You may not always want to do what your partner wants but if it’s important to your partner, do it with a smile on your face.
- Pray and Play Together: Couples that pray and play together stay together. Hand in hand each morning before you face the vicissitude of life, read a devotional, and pray together.
Take turns to pray for your marriage, your challenges &your children. If it’s your turn to pray, lift your spouse’s burdens to The Lord and thank God for the wonderful spouse He gave you.
Never miss an opportunity to celebrate life’s milestones together. Celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. Make it simple and sweet. Play and laugh together. Be merry with the person you married and watch your love for each other grow from strength to strength.
You will not fail in marriage in Jesus’ name 🙏